This book was a recommendation from my friend, the lovely Alison Mulligan, and trusting her judgement I was super keen to read it!
I wasn’t disappointed, Atomic Habits is a great book, full of practical advice on how to make and break habits by making small incremental changes. On his website, the author James Clear says that the book will teach you how to improve your habits by 1% every day and links out to his YouTube video that explains how.
The book will teach the reader to improve in the following areas;
- building a system for small incremental improvements
- making time for better habits
- designing your environment to succeed
- making tiny changes that deliver amazing results
- creating good habits and ditching the bad ones
- avoiding common mistakes made when changing habits
- how to get back on course if you wander off it
- developing self-belief and sense of identity
- overcoming lack of willpower and motivation
- putting all those ideas into practice